Our house is now under contract. We are through the inspection phase and ready to get moving! We are scheduled to close before the end of May. Right now we are thinking we will stay with family in DM after we sell our house, to give us a more peaceful transition to the RV, which we still need to buy.
Due to the fast timeline of our move, we have decided not to get a puppy until we get back. There is much sadness around the issue, but it would have been too much in such a tight timeframe.